Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Song For Kelly

The other day I was listening to one of my favorite bands in the whole world, The Dave Matthews Band. One of the songs that I've come to love the most and actually heard them play live with Wesley in Washington is called "Sister." This is a beautiful song that Dave Matthews wrote for his sister. He may have written this song for his sister, but I would like to dedicate to my sister.

I haven't said it as often as I know I should , but I have thought this often: She is a great mother and a great woman. She tries so hard to be the best she can be at everything she does and I want her to know that I see this; and that we all see this. As her 29th birthday (on April 12th) nears I want to let her know that I'm very proud of her. And I just want her to know that we all believe in her and we know she will get to where she wants to be in life someday.




Sister - Dave Matthews

Below are the lyrics to the song "Sister" by Dave Matthews:

Pass the time with you in mind
It's a rather quiet night
Feel the ground against my back
Counting stars against the black
Thinking bout another day
Wishing I was far away
Whether they were dreams or worries
You were there with me

Sister, I hear you laugh
My heart fills full up
Keep me please
Sister, when you cry
I feel your tears running down my face
Sister, Sister keep me

I hope you always know its true
I would never make it through
We could make the sun go down
Just by walking away
Playing like we used to play
Our kingdom will never go away
Feel you beating in my chest
I'll be dead without

Sister, I hear you laugh
My heart fills full up
Keep me please
Sister, when you cry
I feel your tears running down my face
Sister, Sister will you keep me?

I would never make it through
Hope you always know its true
You could make the heaven's fall
Just by walking away

Sister, I hear you laugh
My heart fills full up
Keep me please
Sister, when you cry
I feel your tears running down my face
Sister, Sister keep me

Kelly you're a beautiful person. We love you very much. Happy early birthday my beaufitul, wonderful, sweet sister.

2 comments:

Jon Rankin said...

Have the best birthday ever Kelly! Love your soon to meet new friend - Lynn!

OhShauna said...

WOW - I am touched!