Thursday, February 12, 2009

Baby Pictures, Mom & Dad

Lately I've been rummaging through boxes and boxes of all my belongings because I just recently moved out of the ARCO Olympic Training Center here in Chula Vista, California. While going through the boxes to find things I can throw away, things I can donate and things that I want to keep I've come across all of these great photos of my nephews, of my parents and of my siblings. It's been a blast looking at these pictures and having the memories of when they were taken take me back to those moments. As hard as times might be right now for all of us the memories of our past experiences together seem to make this life here on earth worth all the trouble. As Louis Armstrong would sing, "What a Wonderful World" it is because we have each other.

Now I think I have the best looking mom and dad. They look great together. This picture was taken when we lived off of Sweetwater Springs Boulevard in Spring Valley, California. We lived in an apartment complex directly across the street from our high school, Monte Vista. It's a funny thing having your high school as your next door neighbor. At least we would never be late for school, right? I think this picture was taken on their anniversary, but I could be wrong. It definitely looks like they were dressed to impress. I'm sure they were going out to have a nice dinner somewhere fancy.

Darrius is looking pretty sharp in this picture. This picture was taken in our backyard at our home off of Charing Cross. I remember all of the pasta parties, the bar-b-ques and graduation parties we had in the very same back yard where little Darrius poses for his photo. I like his little vest and tie. He's already looking like a business man and he can't be more than five years old in this picture. Man, I think I have a lot to live up to if my first nephew is dressing sharp at such a young age. I'm proud of you Darrius, keep up the good work in school and sports.

This is a cool picture because baby Deontaye has on a jersey with some one's favorite number...hmmm, I forget whose favorite number that is. I think Wesley might like this number a little, but I don't think it's his favorite number. If it is I know baby Deontaye scored some major points with his uncle Wesley. Deontaye is much older now, but this is a nice picture of the days when he would just laugh and cry and occasionally say goo goo and gah gah. Now, well, lets just say Deontaye isn't afraid to talk to anyone. I think he's going to definitely find himself in a career where he can talk for a living because by the time he's old enough to have a job he'll have had plenty of years of experience behind him.

No comments: